Engraft XBee into IR remote

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
poozolax

Engraft XBee into IR remote

Post by poozolax »

Hi folks,

I recently got some XBee stuff (including an Adafruit adapter) and I have a question. But before, a short explanation :

The goal is to replace the infrared communication of a remote with a radio communication with a XBee module (and a XBee receiver of course).
For that sake there is a quick and dirty solution that would consist into wiring some buttons of the remote directly into some XBee pins, but this is quite limited as you can guess.
The clever solution (I've found so far) would be to plug the Xbee directly on a pin of the IR LED emitter... Depending of the button pressed, the IR LED emits a "pulsatile" signal, this pulsation is different depending on the pressed button... And you see my question coming now :

Would someone have a trick / or any idea / suggestion, to get this pulsation directly "parsed" into the XBee, so that the Xbee can guess what was the button pressed ? Or any other trick to take somewhere on the remote chip a relevant info about the pressed button ?

Thank you for your attention on this :)

JB

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Engraft XBee into IR remote

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

get this pulsation directly "parsed" into the XBee, so that the Xbee can guess what was the button pressed ?
Some of the higher-end XBee modules are somewhat programmable. The Digi Engineers over at the Digi forum could probably give you a more detailed answer. http://forums.digi.com/

poozolax

Re: Engraft XBee into IR remote

Post by poozolax »

Hey, thank you for the advice :)
I posted the same question in DIGI's forum : just in case someone is looking for the same thing, the thread : http://forums.digi.com/support/forum/vi ... ,yes#40069 !

Thanks again

JB

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”