Xbee and proximity detecting

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
shag_fu

Xbee and proximity detecting

Post by shag_fu »

Hello all, Im trying to find or make a short range(less than 10') rangefinder/proximity solution. I know the xbee do not have any distance measurements built in but I was wondering if it was possible to use ping times as a substitute for an actual distance. Maybe setting the baud rate low enough it might affect pings to get a feel for real distance.

Im attempting to control the brightness or blink rate of an led or array with the proximity of another similar device. So as each device moved closer together the lights would get brighter and/or flash faster. This is still very much in the planning stages so if anyone has suggestions that would be awesome. I thought of gps but the are resolution limits that I dont think will work for this application. Thanks!

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Xbee and proximity detecting

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The ping sensor requires a microprocessor to control it. The Maxbotox ultrasonic sensors have an analog output which can easily interface with the XBee.
https://www.adafruit.com/index.php?main ... q=maxbotix

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”