XBee 1's no longer communicating

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
liteboy

XBee 1's no longer communicating

Post by liteboy »

I bought two XBee Series 1, and breadboard adapters from Adafruit. They both seemed to be working OK for about a week. I then modified a proto board that I had one of the adapters soldered on to (the portions of the circuit were unrelated), and now the XBees no longer communicate.

My arduino sketch says it's transmitting w/ baud set to 9600. I don't get any errors on either side. Lights on both XBee's are flashing green, but the data never appears on the other side. Does anyone have any suggestion has to what may have gone wrong?

I can use Windows, but I don't have an FTDI cable to inspect the XBees with XTCU. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

liteboy

Re: XBee 1's no longer communicating

Post by liteboy »

These appear to be working again today. I'm not sure what the issue was, as I haven't changed anything. I'll keep an eye on it, and repost if the issue persists!

waltr

Post by waltr »

Possibly there is a connection on the protoboard that isn't good all the time.
If you have trouble again try wiggling and/or re-seating the wires.

liteboy

Post by liteboy »

Thanks Waltr!

I did continue to have issues and eventually traced it back to a weak solder joint from one of the tx pins on the the adapter to my proto board. With your suggestion, I did more checking with my multimeter, and found the issue.

Thank again!

waltr

Post by waltr »

Great news.
Now fun some fun.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”