tweet a watt real time consomption

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
lab_alex

tweet a watt real time consomption

Post by lab_alex »

Hi, I want to use a tweet-a-watt kit to be able to send a email to my wife when the washing machine has finised the cycle (believe it or not, there is no end cycle sound on this machine). I can get the kill a watt to send data to a raspberry pi but I cannot get a value in realtime. Any ideas?

Franklin97355

Re: tweet a watt real time consomption

Post by Franklin97355 »

I can get the kill a watt to send data to a raspberry pi but I cannot get a value in realtime. Any ideas?
Sure, post your code and a printout of what it is you are getting. Have you looked at the tweet-a-watt python code to see how it parses the data from the tweet-a-watt? it sends code every two seconds, is this not close enough to "real time"

lab_alex

Post by lab_alex »

Sure, i get data from the tweet a watt but I want to see a result a human can read like : 1.5 watt! Now i a get all the wave form that I need to multiply by the amp... Little bit hard to read for a human. I would like to display the real time watt the washing mashing is taken.

Thanks,

Alex

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Sure, post your code and a printout of what it is you are getting.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”