down loading data from a data logger is it posable?

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
timwjkl

Re: down loading data from a data logger is it posable?

Post by timwjkl »

It will be connecting to a Netgear router. The power may be off for up to 12 hr at a time with pi pi powered by battery during those times.It is a outbuilding that does not have a permanent power source not my call. Or could I just connect adhoc to it with a laptop I have never tried that.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

So the data logger is directly connected to the Pi now? A diagram would be helpful.

timwjkl

Post by timwjkl »

sorry the pi is the data logger now the arduino is the sensor node.I don't know how to post a diagram sorry.

1. arduino
a. 2 temp sensors
b 2 soon to be 3 IR brake beam sensors
c 1 light sensor
d 1 ir led foro brake beam 38 Khz
e RTC I2C

The arduino is Connected to Raspberry Pi by GPIO RX TX GPIO 18. I connect with Putty and VNC.

2 Raspberry Pi
a MySQL data base
b Apachie2
c Python
d PHP
e RTC here to
f May move the Temp probes over to PI They seem to make the arduino sluggish on the brake beam reads

I'm using a python script to read serial data coming from arduino an put into Mysql database. Then is have a PHP script to output data at simple web page seen on Apache. I use phpMyAdmin to administer database and export to csv or text output if needed.

So all I need to be able to see the data is a tcpip connection to the Pi. So i just hope that the usb wifi dongle will reconnect without a reboot is all i want now :-)

Next step is to boot to a powered USB drive

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

So i just hope that the usb wifi dongle will reconnect without a reboot is all i want now :-)
I would expect that it should.

timwjkl

Post by timwjkl »

Thank you You; have been a big help through all this. I have learned much and changed cars a couple of times but i think what I am using is going to be easy and efficient for a frivolous project :-)

timwjkl

Post by timwjkl »

I know its been a while but the new flow is reading a serial stream from the arduino with a Rpi and uploading to a Google spreadsheet. from there use BANNED to show the spreadsheet or graph on the site.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”