High power Series 2 XBEE Coordinator won't talk to Router XB

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dnorbury

High power Series 2 XBEE Coordinator won't talk to Router XB

Post by dnorbury »

I've made a base clock using the GPS shield as well as a handful of remote clocks that I'm trying to get to communicate using XBEE modules. Everything works as expected when I use Series 1 XBEEs except I can't get enough range, even when using a high power XBEE at the base unit (all XBEE modules have wire antennas). I think I need the networking capability of Series 2 units in a cluster array to get the coverage I want. When I use low power Series 2 units (XB24-ZB) at all locations (base unit XBEE programmed as a Coordinator AT and remote XBEEs programmed as Router AT) I get everything to work. But of course I don't get enough range. When I replace the low-power Coordinator XBEE at the base unit with a high power module (XBP24-BZ7) nothing works anymore. I've used default settings on all of the modules as well as programming the Router's address into the Coordinator and the Coordinator's address into a Router. I only programmed one pair. But there is no communication. I got the same results with three separate high power XBEE modules as the Coordinator (programmed with the same Router address).

I only need one-way communication from the base clock to all of the remote units. The data flow needs to be essentially continuous so that I don't miss any seconds data. I don't believe that I need to send data back to the base XBEE. Correct?

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong and how I can get a constant data flow?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Dave

adafruit_support_rick

Re: High power Series 2 XBEE Coordinator won't talk to Route

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Have you posted this over at the XBee forums? We're not really all that expert on XBee's here...
http://www.digi.com/support/forum/

dnorbury

Re: High power Series 2 XBEE Coordinator won't talk to Route

Post by dnorbury »

I wasn't aware of that forum. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”