Giberish when it moves

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
drblythe

Giberish when it moves

Post by drblythe »

Hello,
I have purchased several XBee Series 1's with an Adafruit XBee adapter board for each, and always have had good success using them for wireless USB connection to sensor projects. In my latest project I was hoping to connect via XBees to an accelerometer that's moving. When the board with accelerometer, Arduino micro and Xbee module are sitting still I get good data transmitted to my computer, but when I move the board I get gibberish for a few seconds (or no data at all), then it will pick back up after sitting still for several seconds. Is the XBee not made to be in motion? Is there a better method for wireless connection to a moving sensor?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Giberish when it moves

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The XBee should be able to walk & talk at the same time. People use them in remote control vehicles a lot. Is your moving sensor module breadboarded? If the problem happens when it is moving, I'd suspect a loose connection somewhere.

drblythe

Post by drblythe »

Yes it is on a breadboard. I noticed that wiggling some of the pre-made hookup wires could also cause gibberish. I'm not sure I'm committed enough to solder it all together (a.k.a. chicken)!

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

You might try using 22ga solid hookup wire to replace your jumpers. It seems to be a tighter fit than some of the premade jumpers and if you need it tighter I've found putting a small bend in the bottom part makes it even better.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”