USB Xbee Adapter documentation?

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jefish

USB Xbee Adapter documentation?

Post by jefish »

TLDR: It appears that there are 6 lights on this board, none of which are labeled. Is there any documentation out there?

Received my USB adapter, regular adapter kit, a couple Xbees and a few other toys last week. Interested to find some documentation showing what the lights on the USB adapter are for. There's a red and green light near the USB port, which I've found are Tx/Rx. Ok, good. But there are also green and yellow lights on the "top" edge which are always on solid, and a red light which blinks at a constant 2Hz when an Xbee is installed. With no Xbee, only the yellow light comes on. Obviously these lights are there for a reason ;) and their purpose it to tell me things.

I haven't gotten very far into the Xbee world yet, just playing around, but I want to know which lights are telling me what so I don't burn something out. I'm not *worried* about anything yet (I've connected to xctung, flashed the latest firmware, can see the Tx/Rx flicker when I enter characters into the terminal, so I think everything's going fine so far) but I'd like some docs.

jefish

Re: USB Xbee Adapter documentation?

Post by jefish »

Darn, just found http://www.parallax.com/sites/default/f ... atic_B.pdf

From what I can tell, the green and yellow are a good sign, D2 is the red blinker I'm seeing, and I haven't yet met the blue D1. Think I'm good.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”