Red LED stays on

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
denniscj7

Red LED stays on

Post by denniscj7 »

I have two XBEE S1s each plugged into a XBEE Adapater. Let's call them XBEE A and B. I have had these running perfectly for several days as I assembled all the components of the whole system - voice recognition, keypad etc. This has all been in bread board mode. Today I modified the wiring for the XBEE A part of the system to simplify it for inclusion into a hand held remote. When I finished the re-wiring and powered on, the red led on A comes on and stays on. B seems to behave as expected. When I trigger a transaction through A, I see B flash its red led as usual but the data isn't really transmitted. I'm using LCD displays in both parts of the system so I can see what's going on. I suspect I've done something to cause this but cannot figure it out. I connected it to XCTU and it's parameters appeared to be what I would expect. I tried re-setting XBEE A by shorting the RST pin to GND on the adapter but that did not change anything. I would very much appreciate any help in getting A back to normal.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Red LED stays on

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Please post photos of the front and back of the board so we can check the assembly first.

denniscj7

Post by denniscj7 »

IMG_1129.JPG
IMG_1129.JPG (100.75 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
IMG_1128.JPG
IMG_1128.JPG (117.06 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
[img][img][/img][/img]

Just to help, this board has been working perfectly for the past several weeks.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Soldering issues like a cold-joint can degrade over time. But I don't see any obvious problems with your adapter assembly. You might try posting your question over at the Digi forums. They are more familiar with the internals of the XBee module.

http://www.digi.com/support/forum/

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”