Sending scores to another xbee

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tywalch

Sending scores to another xbee

Post by tywalch »

I have a score keeper that I built using an arduino a few buttons and an LED matrix. The scoreboard has addHome, addAway, subtractHome, subtractAway and clear buttons. This arduino is connected to another arduino via an xbee that also has an LED matrix. Right now, the main arduino sends a single letter to the other, and when the second receives that specific letter it either increments the score up or down. Right now I am dealing with synchronization problems where they get out of sync because either range or packet loss. I need to be able to send my score variable from one to the other and designate if it's for home and away. I'd like to send something like H10 for homeScore = 10 or A18 for awayScore = 18, but I am struggling to thing about how the receiver would process/parse that.

Any help along this journey would be amazing!

Franklin97355

Re: Sending scores to another xbee

Post by Franklin97355 »

xbee series 1 can be set up as wireless serial communications so they would act as a serial link without wires. In theory if you can write the code for two Arduinos to do what you want when their serial ports are connected with wire you can use xbees. http://www.ladyada.net/make/xbee/point2point.html

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”