Can an Xbee be used with a Flora USB port?

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit_support_rick

Re: Can an Xbee be used with a Flora USB port?

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Post some pictures of your wiring.

pbass450

Post by pbass450 »

Update: I got the Pro Trinket 3.3V I ordered and hooked it up, and it works with the Xbee. However, when I'm trying to upload the code I have, it says there's an error in the files that are included in the Adafruit Master GPS Library, specifically in SoftwareSerial. It says that version of the file only supports certain processors, and that 'table' and 'XMIT_START_ADJUSTMENT' weren't declared. I have no idea what the problem is or how to start at fixing it...would it be a problem with the Pro Trinket not having a USB serial port?

adafruit_support_rick

I've never seen that error before. You're using the Adafruit Arduino 1.0.5 IDE? Can you copy and paste the exact error messages (all of them) here?

pbass450

Post by pbass450 »

I'm using that IDE...The orange box says "Error compiling" and below it says this:
C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Adafruit Arduino 1.05 - Win 11-11-13\windows\libraries\SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp:128:2: error: #error This version of SoftwareSerial supports only 20, 16 and 8MHz processors
C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Adafruit Arduino 1.05 - Win 11-11-13\windows\libraries\SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp: In member function 'void SoftwareSerial::begin(long int)':
C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Adafruit Arduino 1.05 - Win 11-11-13\windows\libraries\SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp:383: error: 'table' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Adafruit Arduino 1.05 - Win 11-11-13\windows\libraries\SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp: In member function 'virtual size_t SoftwareSerial::write(uint8_t)':
C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Adafruit Arduino 1.05 - Win 11-11-13\windows\libraries\SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp:458: error: 'XMIT_START_ADJUSTMENT' was not declared in this scope

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

The 3v Pro Trinket runs at 12MHz and the error says software serial only runs with 20, 16 or 8 MHz chips.

pbass450

Post by pbass450 »

Would a program tested on a Flora work on a 3.3V Arduino Pro Mini? (that satisfies the 8MHz criterion as well as being 3V logic, same as the Pro Trinket I'm using)

adafruit_support_rick

It should. There are low-level hardware differences, but as long as you're working at the Arduino-language level and not getting down into the hardware dependencies like timers and I/O port registers, you should be alright.

pbass450

Post by pbass450 »

And it would work with the Flora Ultimate GPS, the TMP36 thermometer, and the XBee Pro S2B simultaneously?

adafruit_support_rick

Sure. You'd be using software serial, hardware serial, and an analog input

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”