Reading settings of an Xbee S1 Pro

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tobalin87

Reading settings of an Xbee S1 Pro

Post by tobalin87 »

Hello Everybody,

So I am trying to read the settings on an Xbee Pro S1 using an Xbee adapter kit, but I am failing epically. I Have tried the adapter with both an Xbee S1 and an S2, they are both brand new and the adaptor works like a charm. But when I try it with 2 different Xbee Pro S1, the adapter red light stays on constantly, the green light is off and, Xctu does not recognize the modules.
I am kind of reverse engineering some equipment I got my hands on, and I am trying to add some Xbees to the current Network, but I need to get PAN ID and other networking settings out of at least one of this modules.

Does Anybody havea better Idea on how to get this settings or at least any Ideas on why the red light is on, maybe I am doing something incredibly wrong without noticing :s

Thanks in advanced

Franklin97355

Re: Reading settings of an Xbee S1 Pro

Post by Franklin97355 »

One thing to check is the pro model is longer so make sure nothing is touching under the xbee.

tobalin87

Re: Reading settings of an Xbee S1 Pro

Post by tobalin87 »

Well, I just tried it again, making sure nothing is touching but this time no lights came on :( does this mean the Xbee got fried somehow?????? I tested with one of the other Xbees and the adapter still works.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”