Can't reset XBee while updating firmware

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
goatpayne

Can't reset XBee while updating firmware

Post by goatpayne »

Hi all, I have a couple of XBees series 1 with the explorer board. I'm using my arduino UNO as a serial adapter to update the firmware on the XBees. It communicates with the computer great, but when XCTU tries to update the firmware it tells me to reset the board. I tried to connect the RST pin on the explorer to the second solder dot on the UNO like the adafruit wiring instructions show, but I accidentally ripped the contact right off the PCB!

Does the RST pin need to be connected to the reset solder dot the whole time? or does contacting the reset dot act as a 'switch'? or does this connect the XBee to the reset button on the UNO?

After I ripped the dot off, I tried to reset by directly grounding the RST pin(5) on the XBee, but XCTU still did not register it; although the LED on the explorer board did turn off while RST was tripped.

Has anyone else had a problem with resetting the XBee? does anybody have any info about the reset solder dots on the UNO?
Thanks in advanced!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”