monochron posssible dead pixels

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
schnee72

monochron posssible dead pixels

Post by schnee72 »

The monochron is a beautiful clock and it was easy to put together. I look forward to digging into the software soon.

Have you seen any dead pixels while testing these lcds? During the building process when the lcd is first turned on I noticed 2 small spots on the right hand side of the screen that looked about like the color of the backing off the acrylic, and I thought thats what they were, small specks of paper. I didn't want to scratch the screen so I waited to try to remove them until I peeled the plastic off the screen later. When I finished the kit I realized they weren't specks of paper but actual spots on the screen. I don't know if they are dead pixels or what. I used a chamois cloth to try to "massage" the spot where it is to see if it went away, but they didn't.

Have you seen anything like this in other lcds? I took some pictures but they didn't turn out too well. I uploaded the one that the spots were the most clearly seen, but it is still a blurry picture. Do you have any tips for removing the spots?

Thanks
Attachments
DSC_1684.JPG
DSC_1684.JPG (129.19 KiB) Viewed 1373 times

adafruit

Re: monochron posssible dead pixels

Post by adafruit »

hmm, we havent seen this before. lets try a few things. first, turn off the clock, wait a bit to drain the capcitors and turn it back on.

if they're really there for good, email support@adafruit and request a new screen + header strip.

Rotzog

Re: monochron posssible dead pixels

Post by Rotzog »

> Do you have any tips for removing the spots?

Have you tried Photoshop? :D

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”