Ice Tube Clock boost controller help

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
daitheflu20

Ice Tube Clock boost controller help

Post by daitheflu20 »

I am missing one SW1 switch. The one that changes values (time,brightness...). I have the other 2 installed.

During the build, everything went smoothly and all my multimeter test were good. I couldnt accurately set the clock without switches so I set it for the default 12:00. After a few minutes, the clock beeps and the entire display starts flashing at about 1 second intervals. I unplugged the clock, waited, and tried again. Same symptoms. Sometimes the clock beeps/blinks within seconds of being turned on, sometimes it runs for several minutes. Even when it is blinking, it is still keeping time but every couple minutes, it beeps. I checked the coin cell and it was low; around 2.6v so I replaced that but didnt help. So then, I checked all the points of contact shown in the directions with the multimeter. The boost controller check 40-70V was low...about 13.5V. I honestly dont know enough to diagnose this. It checked fine during the build. I cant find any shorts, nothing is abnormally hot (nothing is even remotely warm). I can only figure it is a bad boost controller or it has something to do with the missing switch. Please advise.

adafruit

Re: Ice Tube Clock boost controller help

Post by adafruit »

its probably not the boost converter. check that you have all the parts soldered in, posting a photo would be useful. if you're missing a tact switch you can get a replacement by emailing support@adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”