Ice Tube - programming ...

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
AnnaOnWeb

Ice Tube - programming ...

Post by AnnaOnWeb »

... I mean, I would like to flash the AVR before I assemble the item to end.

I am very lucky - my Ice Tube is on the way sent by the German distributor Watterott - but I would not like to disassemble the item again and again just to try if a mod does work.

My idea is: Building it and already put the light sensor and resistor in, flashing it with the modded dimming firmware and that could it be? Thanks to all the members here who did such good work!

Before I have not got it I cannot see if and where a programming device could be connected with a cable from outside. BTW: I am very happy with the USBTiny - works well with my Mac and it would be a pity if I had to cut the cable and dremel the acrylic enclosure.

And at last: I know how dangerous high voltage is and I would never ever touch a board under current. But how long have I to wait until the voltage has drained? This is not a TV-tube ;-)

If there is anyone around here who would like to help me I would realy be thankful.

Have a nice day,

Anna

adafruit

Re: Ice Tube - programming ...

Post by adafruit »

just program it before you put it in the case, there are a few tips and tutorials in this forum
for safety, we decided not to have any conductive elements available to the outside.
you can wait about 1 minute, that will drain the high voltage.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”