Newbie Help

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kw5368

Newbie Help

Post by kw5368 »

Hi,

I am new to C and AVR programming and have decided to use the Ice Clock as a basis to help me learn both. I have started to build the clock from scratch and am at the point where I need to program the ATmega. I have built the USBTiny and it appears to be working fine through AVRDude. At this point, my biggest concern is making sure that I get the fuse bits programmed properly. I have used the AVR fuse calculator link posted on the Adafruit site and have came up with these values for the fuses since I will be using the iv.hex file downloaded from the Adafruit site to program the ATmega.

lfuse 0xE5
hfuse 0xDE
efuse 0xF9

My thoughts were that the clock uses an external crystal for timekeeping, the internal clock should not be divided internally because it is used for the boost, the brown out detection should be set to 1.8V and the other settings left at default.

If I have made a mistake in my thinking, I would appreciate any help in pointing me in the right direction too see where I made my mistake.

Thanks for any help,
Ken

adafruit

Re: Newbie Help

Post by adafruit »

the fuses are in the Makefile

kw5368

Re: Newbie Help

Post by kw5368 »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I now have the ATmega programmed and the clock built. All I have to do is mount it in the case. I still need to figure out where I made my mistake on the fuse settings though. That is part of the learning process.

Thanks for the help,
Ken

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”