Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

Monochron firmware compilation error
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Monochron firmware compilation error

by cipicip on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:24 pm

Hi guys,

I'm trying to install a new firmware on the Monochron clock that I recently purchased and the firmware either won't compile (IntruderChron, RATTchron) or, if I use the one already compiled or manage to compile it myself (Multichron), the screen goes black and the clock beeps continously. However I can re-install the standard already compiled firmware I found on your forum without any trouble.

When compiling I'm getting this error:
Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
In file included from ratt.c:3:0:
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.5.3/../../../avr/include/util/delay.h: In function ‘beep’:
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.5.3/../../../avr/include/util/delay.h:153:28: error: __builtin_avr_delay_cycles expects an integer constant.

The funny thing is that I have already used that header in other projects without any worries.

Is there somewhere a repository from where I can download all the alternative firmwares already compiled and that have been tested to work?

Thanks.
cipicip

Re: Monochron firmware compilation error

by adafruit_support_bill on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:24 am

Some of the user mod repositories include the compiled .hex files - like CaitSith's MultiChron: https://github.com/CaitSith2/monochron/tree/MultiChron/firmware

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Monochron firmware compilation error

by cipicip on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:24 pm

adafruit_support wrote:Some of the user mod repositories include the compiled .hex files - like CaitSith's MultiChron: https://github.com/CaitSith2/monochron/tree/MultiChron/firmware

And if I upload that one the screen goes black and the clock beeps - probably is constantly resetting itself. Can anyone confirm that that firmware is in good working order and not broken? I tried recompiling it but it's the same story: the screen goes dark and starts beeping. On the plus side, at least this firmware could be compiled without any errors.

So far I can only upload the precompiled standard firmware and the XDaliClock one (again, the precompiled version) without any problems.
cipicip