Monochron firmware compilation error
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Monochron firmware compilation error

by cipicip on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:24 pm

Hi guys,

I'm trying to install a new firmware on the Monochron clock that I recently purchased and the firmware either won't compile (IntruderChron, RATTchron) or, if I use the one already compiled or manage to compile it myself (Multichron), the screen goes black and the clock beeps continously. However I can re-install the standard already compiled firmware I found on your forum without any trouble.

When compiling I'm getting this error:
Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
In file included from ratt.c:3:0:
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.5.3/../../../avr/include/util/delay.h: In function ‘beep’:
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.5.3/../../../avr/include/util/delay.h:153:28: error: __builtin_avr_delay_cycles expects an integer constant.

The funny thing is that I have already used that header in other projects without any worries.

Is there somewhere a repository from where I can download all the alternative firmwares already compiled and that have been tested to work?

Thanks.
cipicip

Re: Monochron firmware compilation error

by adafruit_support_bill on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:24 am

Some of the user mod repositories include the compiled .hex files - like CaitSith's MultiChron: https://github.com/CaitSith2/monochron/tree/MultiChron/firmware
adafruit_support_bill

Re: Monochron firmware compilation error

by cipicip on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:24 pm

adafruit_support wrote:Some of the user mod repositories include the compiled .hex files - like CaitSith's MultiChron: https://github.com/CaitSith2/monochron/tree/MultiChron/firmware

And if I upload that one the screen goes black and the clock beeps - probably is constantly resetting itself. Can anyone confirm that that firmware is in good working order and not broken? I tried recompiling it but it's the same story: the screen goes dark and starts beeping. On the plus side, at least this firmware could be compiled without any errors.

So far I can only upload the precompiled standard firmware and the XDaliClock one (again, the precompiled version) without any problems.
cipicip