Ice Tube Clock side board

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
chiragpatnaik

Ice Tube Clock side board

Post by chiragpatnaik »

I finally got round to doing the Ice Tube clock. While I was inventorying the parts I spotted a small defect on the side board.

Let me know if I can go ahead and assemble the kit.
image001.jpg
image001.jpg (376.02 KiB) Viewed 1023 times
image002.jpg
image002.jpg (360.44 KiB) Viewed 1023 times
image003.jpg
image003.jpg (430.03 KiB) Viewed 1023 times

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Ice Tube Clock side board

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Sorry about that! Looks like the board was not trimmed very well? Are there any cracks, scratched traces or other visible damage elsewhere on the board?

It's probably not an issue, since the traces aren't in that area. If you have a meter, you can double-check for continuity between the jumper pads and the tube pads.

Really, it's up to you. It appears to be a cosmetic issue, but it shouldn't be that way. If you can wait for a replacement, contact [email protected] and reference this thread. If you'd rather go ahead with this board, then it should be OK.

chiragpatnaik

Re: Ice Tube Clock side board

Post by chiragpatnaik »

driverblock wrote:Sorry about that! Looks like the board was not trimmed very well? Are there any cracks, scratched traces or other visible damage elsewhere on the board?

It's probably not an issue, since the traces aren't in that area. If you have a meter, you can double-check for continuity between the jumper pads and the tube pads.

Really, it's up to you. It appears to be a cosmetic issue, but it shouldn't be that way. If you can wait for a replacement, contact [email protected] and reference this thread. If you'd rather go ahead with this board, then it should be OK.
Sorry for the delay. Had a busy week. While there is continuity I feel that that area is a little flimsy. On The side which has the board number printed, the board seems to be coming off altogether. I think I will send for another one.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”