Another Ice Tube Clock Firmware for the Holidays

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Daave

Re: Another Ice Tube Clock Firmware for the Holidays

Post by Daave »

Yep, you were right. I messed up something with the configuration with my makefile.

I just hit the reset switch and deleted all the files, unzipped them again, and remade the Makefile. Making the change from -B 4 to -B 25 was still necessary. Thanks for the prompt help :)

As a side note, the value of 25 is rather arbitrary. 16 was the minimum that let avrdude see my device, but I had to raise it. The higher the number, the slower the transfer speed was to my device. In other words, 25 is safe, but it can easily be raised or lowered. If the new value doesn't work with the data transfer, you will see an error.

jarchie

Post by jarchie »

Thanks for the update. I'm glad things worked out.

MikeHg

Post by MikeHg »

I just want to say Thanks! for this great firmware. I flashed it yesterday and it just worked from the beginning. I'm amazed by the options and my clock is even more accurate now due to the built in correction.

The clock really feals like completey renovated!

So thanks again, John!

Best regards,
Mike

PS: This was also the first time I programmed an AVR (I used my arduino for that). Your description was so detailed that I didn't even need other documents (apart from the arduinoisp page). Great documentation!

jarchie

Post by jarchie »

Hello Mike,

I'm delighted that you are enjoying the firmware and appreciate the feedback. Thank you!

I spent a fair bit of time on the documentation and was glad to hear that it was helpful for you.

Congratulations especially on programming an AVR for the first time... and with the ArduinoISP sketch, no less! I personally found programming with an Arduino to be a bit tricky.

Cheers,
John

wildtang3nt

Post by wildtang3nt »

Hey John, I've got a bit of info on battery depletion to share. I left my clock unplugged and boxed up for nearly 6 months, maybe longer, and recently started using it again in the last two months, and it is only now that I get a BAD BATT message when it turns on. And that battery was already somewhat used before :P

jarchie

Post by jarchie »

Excellent! And thanks. I don't usually leave my clock unplugged for too long, so it's good to hear that the extended battery life and "bad batt" warning work as expected.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”