parts for the new kit

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ichito

parts for the new kit

Post by ichito »

2 questions regarding the parts that came with the clock kit
In reviewing the list. I got 2 R3s, but did not get a R1, also got one red black yellow gold, again not R1 which calls for red violet yellow gold, and I did wipe my glasses twice.
the second. there are 2 ceramic capacitors C8-C9, in the picture they have #18 on them and a black "cap" on orange, the ones I got are only orange s black and it says 20 on them, more along the fact that they are 20pf. I understand this capacitors are critical.
thanx

adafruit_support_rick

Re: parts for the new kit

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Which clock is this?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Sounds like maybe an IceTube? If you post a photo of the questionable parts we can ID them for you. And if anything is missing we will get them right out to you.

Also, to help with our quality control, can I ask where you bought the kit? Did you order it straight from us?

ichito

Post by ichito »

yes it is the Ice clock, and yes I got it straight from you hence the questions about the parts as they are listed in the clock web page instructions. First I went to identify the parts, that is how I found the differences. As for the resistors, I have solved that problem, I am truly sorry but have difficulties posting a photo of the capacitors. Would it be possible to see them in the clock webpage as C8 and C9 ceramic capacitors. The ones I got with the kit have number 20 printed on them, are orange in color. The ones in the instruction page have #18 on them and they are orange with a small bit of black right on top. I sincerely apologize for my technical difficulties.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

18 or 20 pf capacitors are both good, they should work fine

ichito

Post by ichito »

k, here we go.

ichito

Post by ichito »

I got going with the kit, and when reached the section of testing the booster converter the instructions indicate to set the multimeter ~ 60, so I set mine at 50, and the reading way exceed the limit of 75, the only way to measure it was to set the range at 250 ( the next notch), and there reads 60v. I am using the converter that came with the kit. Any suggestions.

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

You're reading 60V, which is bang-on correct! :D

Keep going!

ichito

Post by ichito »

oh wonderful relief. beginning to feel better.
:P

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”