ice tube clock 100v capacitor

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
therabbii

ice tube clock 100v capacitor

Post by therabbii »

Hello, i kind of messed up and solder the 100v capacitor and clipped the leads before i noticed that i messed up. I was wondering if you had any information on where i can buy a replacement part for it. I've been searching the web and i only found one place that sells it, but the part is 19 cents with a 5 dollar shipping charge. I don't mind paying for a new one but not 5 bucks for something that's 19 cents. I tried the local radio shack and they where no help. Do you have any ideas where i can get one, i tried looking thru your website and i couldn't find the part that i need. Any help would be great.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: ice tube clock 100v capacitor

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

the part is 19 cents with a 5 dollar shipping charge. I don't mind paying for a new one but not 5 bucks for something that's 19 cents.
I hate it when the shipping costs more than the part. But the days of 19 cent stamps are long gone.

Looking around on eBay a bit, there are a few offers of 100v caps in the $2-$3 range (including shipping)

russell 27

Post by russell 27 »

I order from DIGI KEY quite often and first class mail, my preferred method, is about $2.50 average, and gets to Ohio in 2 days. This includes tracking and Email confirmation.

therabbii

Post by therabbii »

There are a few more parts i want to order from adafruit, do you think you might be able to throw in the capacitor i need in with my order. I don't mind paying the extra price for it.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Unfortunately, we are not set up for special orders like that.

therabbii

Post by therabbii »

alright, thank's for your help

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”