Ice Tube replacement enclosure

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
vpapanik

Ice Tube replacement enclosure

Post by vpapanik »

My 16m son really liked the ice tube clock, however he couldn't resist testing the enclosure strength. Now I have a bunch of broken acrylic pieces and screws (the PCB is still working).

I saw that there is a $10 replacement enclosure. My question is : is it possible to order the acrylic screws+nuts as well ? Thanks in advance !

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Ice Tube replacement enclosure

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

We do not have those for separate sale. But most hardware stores will have them.
You will need 10 Nylon 4-40 Hex nuts
And 8 Nylon 4-40 1/2" machine screws

vpapanik

Post by vpapanik »

Thanks, actually eBay is the only alternative because imperial sizes are hardly found in European hardware stores :)

phild13

Post by phild13 »

You can always use a M3 x 0.5 as that is the 4-40 equivalent in metric. You should be able to find that locally.

jarchie

Post by jarchie »

As an alternative to the nylon hardware, some people like the clear polycarbonate parts shown here. Given the the number of parts per package, the clear hardware is a bit expensive to order directly from McMaster-Carr.

I'd be willing to mail you enough of the polycarbonate hardware for one clock if you reimburse my expenses through PayPal ($8 plus the cost of first class international shipping). Just email me if you'd like to go that route.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”