Ice Tube Clock - One Segment Not Lighting

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
russell 27

Re: Ice Tube Clock - One Segment Not Lighting

Post by russell 27 »

Good show. I think BANNED maybe made tubes like these. The grids look more like window screen, and the nipple on the end had a yellow color, almost looked like rubber, if this is the version you have. I think the dark rear helps with evening the display view. Thanks for posting, always nice to see the end.

cconradd

Post by cconradd »

adafruit_support_bill wrote:Great! Where did you get the tube? Our source for these has dried up unfortunately and we've had to discontinue it.
I bought this one on eBay. It came with the side PCB which was great, I wasn't about to unsolder all those pins on the faulty one!

Have you guys ever considered selling the entire kit sans tube? It would be great if you could still get the kit from Adafruit even if you had to source your own IV-18.

Russell 27 wrote:Good show. I think BANNED maybe made tubes like these. The grids look more like window screen, and the nipple on the end had a yellow color, almost looked like rubber, if this is the version you have. I think the dark rear helps with evening the display view. Thanks for posting, always nice to see the end.
Yes, this is definitely the tube I got. It had the yellow on the end. It does make the digits more readable as it has the black backing to contrast, but I think the clear version looks a bit cooler - more like the numbers are floating in the tube.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Thanks for the suggestion. I will forward that to the products team.

cconradd

Post by cconradd »

adafruit_support_bill wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. I will forward that to the products team.

Thanks! I know I'd buy another one or two kits for myself. It seems like there is still enough of the tubes on eBay to make it worthwhile.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”