7722FV Bottom Vision Test

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ktownsend

7722FV Bottom Vision Test

Post by ktownsend »

I was going through your tutorial on Bottom Vision Tests (thanks for that, link below) and I can pick the parts up properly (RVR), and then bring up the test screen with Shift+P which changes the display, but it doesn't move the head at all. Presumably I need to manually move the part to the bottom vision camera first? Changing the values (say "17,0")and then pressing enter doesn't do anything, and entering escape brings me back to the tape/tray datagrid where I have to start over again.

I'll update the wiki entry if you need to manually move the part to bottom vision as well since it isn't specified, but just wanted to make sure the problem isn't on my end.

http://www.ladyada.net/wiki/mdcpickandplace/visiontest

UPDATE: Looking through the (always somewhat mysterious) manual (p.31), I see that SHIFT+P is for LV-26 only ... for LV-27 (QFP, etc.) you can simply enter P. Never would have figured that out if you hadn't brought it to my attention, though. Thanks again.
Last edited by ktownsend on Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ktownsend

Re: 7722FV Bottom Vision Test

Post by ktownsend »

You can do similar tests for flying/laser vision as well (lv 1), which is described on p.51 of the manual (now that it makes sense to me):
"In teaching mode, move on tape feeder and press 9 (3 for the 2nd head) and pick up component and press F (shift+F for 2nd head). Then the left window displays so input part type # and angle which is usually zero."
Suddenly part definitions seem slightly less painful to get right. Pfew! :wink:

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

oh right, forgot to put a note in that this is for '26' type vision tests. we havent used it for type 27 or type 1

you can also do a partial-assembly test. between shift-p and partial assembly we have saved hours of frustration

http://wiki.ladyada.net/mdcpickandplace/partialassembly

we just put that up. try it, its nice!

ktownsend

Post by ktownsend »

Are you first manually moving the head over to the bottom vision camera before the test, though? Following the tutorial it turns the camera on, but the head doesn't move. It seems you have to manually move it above the bottom vision as well.

On a different note, I'm just trying to finally get SOT23 placing, and thanks to the vision test I can see that there's an error when I pick up a SOT23 part (which might explain the problems I've had). It seems to be looking for the long side first. It's a completely different issue, though, so once I can experiment with it a bit more I'll post something more conclusive here in the forum. Everyone else I know with this machine except you has problems with SOT23 (blogger, freaklabs).

Image captured via: Tape Editor / F8 on the part you wish to test / 9 to switch to Nozzle Mode / RVR to pick the part up and turn on the vacuum / F to do a LV1 vision test ... when done ... RVR to put it back and turn the vacuum off.
Sot23Error201.PNG
Sot23Error201.PNG (313.13 KiB) Viewed 4235 times

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

ktownsend wrote:Are you first manually moving the head over to the bottom vision camera before the test, though? Following the tutorial it turns the camera on, but the head doesn't move. It seems you have to manually move it above the bottom vision as well.
??? nope. When i press Shift-P it zooms over to the bottom camera. this is for LV 26 type parts. are you not getting that? what version of the software are you running?

ktownsend

Post by ktownsend »

Nope ... no movement at all. v2.0.13.

ktownsend

Post by ktownsend »

Hmm ... upgraded to the latest version and it moves now. Makes me wonder what else has changed in the SW??? :|

Using 2.1.3 now, though it isn't clear what the dif is between MDC77xx and MDC77xx7 other than Win7 support ... http://www.mdc-smt.co.jp/99_blank.htm

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Hmm, we're still running 2.0.3
Wonder what changed in the last 10 minor revs? :)

maybe we should upgrade :D

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

ktownsend wrote:Hmm ... upgraded to the latest version and it moves now. Makes me wonder what else has changed in the SW??? :|

Using 2.1.3 now, though it isn't clear what the dif is between MDC77xx and MDC77xx7 other than Win7 support ... http://www.mdc-smt.co.jp/99_blank.htm
? no idea. ask isozee?

ktownsend

Post by ktownsend »

Just as an update in case anyone with a current machine stumbles across this (a quote from an email I got today from Isono-san at MDC) ....
Shift + I had bug so it was fixed. Also in teaching of PCB data if you press A and rotate rectangle and Escape then was not changed causing a routine was skipped by some reason so it is recovered now and also tape and vib feeder also added this feature.
Also limor san asked to modify software to return head on feeder after Shift+P etc bottom camera test.
Try V2.1.4 uploaded today.
I haven't tested it yet, but apparently the latest version (at your request) should move back now after the Shift+P test.

Kevin

Update: I just tested it out and it indeed goes back to the start position afte Shift+P or P.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

a good addition, i think :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”