luna exp vision will not place

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
piecal

luna exp vision will not place

Post by piecal »

I can't place a cap or resistor with LV set for 1. I tried to teach the part in teaching mode but all I get are the cross hairs and no red box and I can't get the part to rotate. I tried to follow the book to test nozzle height and operation but it said to use F command which does nothing. please help.

Mike

ktownsend

Re: luna exp vision will not place

Post by ktownsend »

I'm not sure if this is encouragement or not, but it took me at least a month or two to start reliably placing stuff and understand all the quirks in the machine and SW. The manual has some good information in there, but I learned everything useful from the wiki and trial and error. Unfortunately I'm in the middle of moving and haven't touched the (disassembled) PnP in about 2 months so I can't fire up the SW to help. :(

After ou modify the parts like, say, changing the rotation ... are you pressing "ENTER" in the box that you modified the values for? If you don't press enter on the row it won't persist that changed data.

Kevin

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”