P&p machine Mechatronica M10v quality ?

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Yannfr

P&p machine Mechatronica M10v quality ?

Post by Yannfr »

Hello,

I will soon buy a p&p machie. I shorlisted several providers :
Autotronik
Mdc
Mechatronica (polish)
Tws quadra

If I can find good Information on the quality of autogronik, Mdc and Tws . I could find any Information on the m10v of mechatronica

Does anybody have already used them? Does this p&p machine are effective for small production ?

Thanks
Yann

heli_linus

Re: P&p machine Mechatronica M10v quality ?

Post by heli_linus »

Hi

I got almost the same (very similar though) shortlist.

Did you buy some mashine yet - could you get any canceld from the list - if so, why?

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Linus

vincentp

Post by vincentp »

I'm finding the MDC perfect for my needs. True, I needed to spend a good month to iron out all the (important) details of that machine but what can I say now that all my parts are defined and such, I click assemble and I come back 10 minutes later, my panel is assembled.
I was really close to get a mechatronika but the french distributor ignored my emails and I got a good offer I couldn't refuse for an MDC machine, so that's what I spend my money on.
I believe Linus will have soon a lot to share about the mechatronika :wink:

heli_linus

Post by heli_linus »

Hi

I will, in Jan 2013 ;)

Cheers
Linus

vincentp

Post by vincentp »

damn, I would be dying to have to wait so long. Good luck, good things takes good times and are worth their weight of gold. You'll love PnP !

heli_linus

Post by heli_linus »

Time goes so fast, I have plenty work in between - just about to do my first flex board ;) crazy stuff though :mrgreen:

Cheers
Linus

heli_linus

Post by heli_linus »

Hey,

I got my M10V delivered shortly.

So far, really great stuff!

I promise to get some Fotos Videos uploaded but I need to get the pruductivity up first - anyway, starting own production is a great challenge with a lot of fun and even more things to learn.

I will try to come some of this here, too.

In the meantime, I can really recommend it. I like +1.

Cheers
Linus

iamjoe

Post by iamjoe »

Hi!

I just would like to ask your experiance after get and use this machine.

Thanks
Joe

heli_linus

Post by heli_linus »

Hi

jsut as a short feedback. I still have the M10V and still like it very much. It does a great Job even with 0201 parts. But to see the full picture, it really depends where you want to get. The great thing with the M10V is, that it can be set up in a normal office space (ord Doors are the main limitation). It does lack some options, exspecialy feeder are quite the limitation to this system. I added some 3rd party feeders now to get my jobs fully automated, where you get great support from the Mechatronika team to do so.

The software is OK but could have some more features, to my current work nothing ultimately required.

What I have had a look at so far, hard to beat price for value.

Cheers
Linus

heli_linus

Post by heli_linus »

Hi

if there is still interest, I got now a modified 24mm feeder for 13mm height installed and get a custom feeder block next week, especially for feeding sd-slots on tape, so I can post some photos videos. Just let me know.

Along with that, I do more and more 0201, which did require some attention learning the patterns, but now, in low speed, works very good and reliable. I enabled the vac placement verification to be sure that the part did not stick on the nozzle, but anyway getting no errors at all.

Cheers
Linus

Z

Post by Z »

Hello room,

Name is Zig from Australia.

Purchased the M10V some 8 months ago. Very happy with the purchase.
Also run GF12 reflow oven with it.
Make my own stencils out of 0.2mm thick FR4 laminate using a milling machine ( fabricate PCBs up to 8 layuers using mechanical milling/etching process ).
Stencil consits of additional 1.6mm thick piece of laminate with precise opening. Two 3.175mm ( 1/8" ) holes for tooling pins drilled in both top and bottom piece of laminate to ensure registration and Bob's Your uncle.

Linus You mentioned third party feeders for the M10V, can You advise the name of the thid party source?

One limitation Mechatronika feeders have is 10mm component height, a bit of a problem but again not too many tall components. Placed some JST smd connectors and aluminium electrolytic cans ( 10mm ) approaching height limitation.
Looking to set up some cut tape feeders to increase parts repertoir.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”