table top reflow oven

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
wa7iut

table top reflow oven

Post by wa7iut »

Looking for recommendatons for a commercial table top reflow oven for prototyping. Anyone try the PUHUI T-962A IC Oven seen on eBay?

wa7iut

Re: table top reflow oven

Post by wa7iut »

Wonder what reflow oven adafruit uses? WWROAU?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

check out the SMT forum posts, this has been discussed many times! great stuff there :)

cheers!
adafruit support

wmdevices

Post by wmdevices »

I bought a BT300CP from Manncorp and it's been great.

It does get a little stinky in the shop as the ventilation isn't perfect. And you need to keep to the center most 12x8 inches or you will get cold spots.

Except for very sparsely populated boards, the oven keeps up nicely with the PnP machine (7722FV).

bomirbomir

Post by bomirbomir »

Do not even try PHUI (Chinese junk). Their ovens or IR preheaters is a joke. We had purchase some to modify them for our very low cost clients.
No go. If you want to burn the boards or damage them otherwise get their equipment

Recommended staff: http://www.batchoven.info or the best it is: http://www.X-Reflow306.com

jvadillo

Post by jvadillo »

Hi,

I have just purchased one, and I will try it. In some days I will write my comments here.

And come on, it might be chinese junk, but it is really low cost and maybe is a good starting point for those like me that want to test the solder paste solution before buying a much more expensive oven.

There are some people around telling that the device is not perfect and the temperature is not all the same inside the oven, but it does the work if you place the board in the middle.

Well, let see...

BANNED

1chicagodave

Post by 1chicagodave »

jvadillo wrote:
There are some people around telling that the device is not perfect and the temperature is not all the same inside the oven, but it does the work if you place the board in the middle.
So does a skillet. 8)

http://youtu.be/U2VA48HIE0I

jvadillo

Post by jvadillo »

Ok. First tests with the T-962A went simply perfect, from the oven point of view (I placed too much paste!). I soldered two boards to see how the result was, and the soldering was correct, shiny and clean.

By the way, no special fumes or odours came out of the oven. I know that there are some people saying that it stinks like a cow ass, but it was not in my case.

We will see when we start with real solder masks...

BANNED

peskywinnets

Post by peskywinnets »

jvadillo wrote: By the way, no special fumes or odours came out of the oven. I know that there are some people saying that it stinks like a cow ass, but it was not in my case.
if you live on (or close to) a farm, it may be rather difficult to detect such a smell coming from the reflow oven ...in this scenario, make sure there are no cows near by (or at least make sure they are facing you) ....be sure to shut your windows, blow your nose & then repeat the 'oven sniff test'.

bmw330i

Post by bmw330i »

My T-962 did ok for a while then stopped heating. I read about a PID upgrade to it and ended up buying a T-962A with the PID controller from the company. I must say it works great. I have a very expensive Manncorp T200C+ that requires 220v 30A to run. This T-962A requires 220v but works ok off my 110v to 220v step up transformer. So I can use a regular outlet and do my reflow now. So far so good. Just search eBay for T-962A PID and you'll find the company (UK).

-DC

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”