MDC / Manncorp 77xx(FV) expert questions

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
vincentp

Re: MDC / Manncorp 77xx(FV) expert questions

Post by vincentp »

I needed to adjust it too. Just like you, a couple of pixels, not more. Centering was much better after that.
I believe calibration *HAS* to be done once you receive the machine. It's not explicit anywhere in the original manual but it's "obvious" to me. Things move in any CNC. People with big lathes or mills either have a special operator / technician or do it themselves, but generally, after leveling the machine (takes ages), you go into calibration for a few *days*. Fortunately, it's simpler and faster for that PnP machine. However, it's not a cast iron bed neither, so it's more prone (IMHO) to variations after shipping etc.
Overall, mine wasn't that bad. The main issues were the camera-to-nozzle offset and the parts offset (4 orientations). Once I got that right, it was 95% of the calibration done. The rest was scales to be slightly corrected and some axis.
bmw330i wrote: What is the best way to copy an existing board. Meaning I have a board that's very much like another board. I'd like to duplicate the one and just go change the placement values. The parts are almost the same between them.
I just do what you do. I have templates, some of them with empty PCB data (just the feeders & trays data), or sometimes I'll reuse a PCB, save it under another filename, delete the PCB data except the fiducials that I only relocate, then start populating the board again. I never got your issue. Again, I would check the file with an hex editor, just in case.
I would also email MDC with the program file attached so that they can have a look.

bmw330i

Re: MDC / Manncorp 77xx(FV) expert questions

Post by bmw330i »

Thank you Vincent. As always your replies are very informative. Good idea to email Isono san. Of all the vendors I have ever dealt with he is one of the best. Always prompt replies and very helpful. I need a couple more 8mm Reels soon. Do we have a 77xx parts for sale or trade forum yet?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”