Mydata how-to and bit of hacking ....

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tp9david

Re: Mydata how-to and bit of hacking ....

Post by tp9david »

JohanRuben wrote:Hi,

I have problems with the light curtains on my TP9-2. I have disabled the curtain boards with a jumper as shown in this thread before, but the systems still identify the curtains as affected. Do someone has any idea where to start looking? Can someone share the schematics related to the light curtain circuit?

The machine was working properly before is was moved to a new location, some parts was dissembled to be able to move the machine.

Thanks in advance!
I had the same problem make sure all the Black (transistors) are all straight on both sides on the light curtain boards. I had one that was pointing down just a bit.

tigerzntlworld

Post by tigerzntlworld »

martinr112 wrote:
bauteile24 wrote:Hello TP9-x users,

we have an blue TP9 (the old one) and want to make it ready for using.
has anyone instructions/manuals/schematics.. to the machine?
we miss a Z-motor and the pump.
I would be grateful for advices.
CP/M 2.2 is running on this TP9, we still have the original disks if someone needs copies.

Thank you, stefan
Hello,
I have two running machines with CP/M. I have operator and service manual with all schematics. It is 10cm thick.
What disks you have and which version?
Hi
I am new to this forum.
Does anyone know how I can get a service manual for MYDATA TP9 ?
I need to understand how the Keytronics keyboard/trackball to the rs 232 serial port.
I have a PS2 keyboard/trackball but cannot get the trackball to work.
Best regards,
Vic Pearson.

Best regards

tigerzntlworld

Post by tigerzntlworld »

Hello

I am new to this forum.
Does anyone know how I can get a service manual for the MYDATA PT9 machine ?
I need to understand how the trackball/keyboard connection to the RS 232 socket works as
TB/KBoard needs replacement.I can get a PS2 trackball/keyboard to work on the keyboard but
the trackball does not work.

Best regards
Vic Pearson.

tigerzntlworld

Post by tigerzntlworld »

Hello again

Just spotted my TYPO error.
Should read MYDATA TP9.

Sorry
Vic P.

alphatronique

Post by alphatronique »

Hi all long time no posted was bit busy on other thing ..

so if have interested i have for sale working or for part my first My-data machine a good working TP-92U

it run Tpsys 2.3.1C ,work good up to 0603 ,0402 was doable but require more attention

i need to make more room on the shop for my new MY9E ,Linescan ,linear motor ,21000 part/h and 15 um repetability
so it top of the line in the pick & place world

so back to my old TP-9 working machine was 8,000$
you need to setup all the crating pallet and shipping better to pick it in person and got crash mydata 101 course and working demostration

Or you may make me a offer for any part you need on that machine and i may scrap it and sell it in part

that video of machine running https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCah0CqcgEw

Have fun ..

madrat

Post by madrat »

Hi All,
Really interesting to read through this thread, we have a blue TP9 that we have used for years placing LED boards, and a recently purchased TP9-UFP.

Unfortunately I didn't realise my older magazines don't work with the TP9-UFP, the machine recognises the type and serial number before failing at the button/LED stage and "ejects" the magazine from the list. I'll be interested to know about any developments with the fixes discussed.

In the meantime can anyone tell me if the TMCflex magazine will work with the newer machine, I don't see a "B" or "C" model of the TMCflex, and our VMF30 works fine!

Any pointers on compatibility would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Duncan

alphatronique

Post by alphatronique »

Hi

i may wrong but i thing that this is since machine expect to have magazine whit new blue button on it
and the add on the blue button was requite new CPLD chip ,so you must live whit it or send for upgrade to mydata

but honestly it must cost less to buy new blue button feeder and keep your old one as spare part ...

it have a machine right now on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/MyData-Automati ... 1851567952
4,000$ for a complete machine whit feeder
4 x TM8C ,1 xTM1216C 1 x Flexfeeder ,at this price it 670$ per feeder box and you got a free machine as bonus ;-)

have fun ..

madrat

Post by madrat »

That's a nice package for someone, shame it would cost a fortune to ship to the UK. If it doesn't sell and you would consider selling the feeders separately, I'd certainly give you a good price for all of them and prompt payment. Just doesn't make sense to ship the whole lot!

Cheers,
Duncan

alphatronique

Post by alphatronique »

Hi

i not the seller of the 4,000 machine , i try to sell my machine only for 8,000 in another listing

but not take genius for knot that i will not sold my , if it have a machine for mutch less the price and loaded whit feeder ;-)

i send a message to seller for ask it it may ship me feeder and scrap the machine ,but not have respond yet ...

madrat

Post by madrat »

Alphatronique wrote:Hi

i not the seller of the 4,000 machine , i try to sell my machine only for 8,000 in another listing

but not take genius for knot that i will not sold my , if it have a machine for mutch less the price and loaded whit feeder ;-)

i send a message to seller for ask it it may ship me feeder and scrap the machine ,but not have respond yet ...
Ah I see, sorry! I'll let you await your reply before asking the seller about the feeders, hope you are able to get them! I'm chasing up a few local feeders to get me going for now. Cheers, Duncan

alphatronique

Post by alphatronique »

Hi no need to whait for me you may try to ask it ,it may not reply to me since it knot i also have one listed ...

i not really need feeder just was curious ;-) ,but i sure some re-seller will bid on it for put machine in part and resale feeder

Best regard

madrat

Post by madrat »

Do you think its a scam listing though? Zero feedback, no contact numbers, bit too cheap?! I'll send the seller a message and see what happens... Good luck with yours though!

alphatronique

Post by alphatronique »

Hi

not sure i think it more some one that close it shop and rush to sale it for paid bill or/before bankrupt
guest it see my listing and take opportunity to clear it shop and turn it into quick money ..

i make lot of search on googel for mydata stuff and never see before that picture so it good sing
most of time i track other machine on ebay into other site sale site or auction ,mot of time ebay was last resort before scrap ..

and last on a scam it may have many item not related together but expensive but this guy have other related item so look good ( at least to me)

in any case paid trough paypal for extra protection
Best regard

madrat

Post by madrat »

Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone has seen this error before? Bought a (supposedly) tested/working TM8C from ebay but my machine won't read it, is this likely to be a dodgy magazine?

Thanks,
Duncan
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (109.13 KiB) Viewed 2509 times

alphatronique

Post by alphatronique »

HI

machine not able to talk correctly to feeder via the data bus ,so may probably bad contact

1-) check that all socket IC was properly seated on the PCB under the Feeder , it may move in shipping

2-) scrub a pencil eraser on the card edge contact ,and ideally put a drop of Stabilant 22A on it

did it mag that was whit the 4000$ machine on ebay ?

have fun ..

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”