Mydata how-to and bit of hacking ....

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Daver5

Re: Mydata how-to and bit of hacking ....

Post by Daver5 »

Hi Marc,
Thank you again. I will let you know what happens next.

Dave

Daver5

Post by Daver5 »

Hi Marc,
HAPPY NEW YEAR
I want to thank you again and let you know that I may have solved part of the problem with my TP9-UFP, with your help. I tried to swap MOT x and MOT Y but the issue remained with the x axis. After trying all of your suggestions, I concluded that the issue must be an intermittent wire some where in the machine and started pulling/moving any harness that I could find while the machine was hung up trying to initialize. When I touched the wiring to the E stop switch, the x-axis moved to the left. I then shut the machine down and examined the switches that make up my E stop circuit and found that the red and black motor wires attached to the two poles of a normally closed switch, were open and the switch flaky. After replacing the switch, the machine has run two jobs without incident.
Regarding this, do you know what gives the signal to the machine CPU that the E stop is pressed? I do not have a schematic for my exact machine as I have been told it is kind of an in between model that they referred to as a TP9-3. The schematic I do have "G-19-588-3", shows all of the wires that I see going to my emergency switch, instead going directly to a series of relays, with only a blue wire and a brown wire at the switch. Unlike most machines, my E stop is comprised of 5 NC/NO sitches stacked up behind the push button, rather than the series of relays.
I see an eight pin connector labelled XXMT going to the rear booster board. It has only two positions occupied, a red wire and a black wire. I believe this might be the "E stop " signal to the CPU, but if so, do you know what the state of these two signals (voltage) should be in each case, pressed and not pressed.

Thanks,

Dave

alphatronique

Post by alphatronique »

Hi

it you day of luck , i have a TP9-3 here (my main machine) :mrgreen:

so of that machine like my was even signel phase 120V after that it was 3 phase only

was but busy here today but will come back whit reply for E-SWitch diagram
i have it here somewhere on my manual

but i think it a control line that go to boster like for the IR fence

a+

alphatronique

Post by alphatronique »

Hi

hope it may help ...

umm it not ally PDF .. go in yahoo group i have put a file section on it ...

Daver5

Post by Daver5 »

Hi Marc,
Thanks for the reply. I have signed up for the Yahoo group and once approved will look on there to see the schematic PDF.

Thanks again,

Dave

Daver5

Post by Daver5 »

Hi Marc,
I believe I signed up correctly for the yahoo mydata group but have not gotten a reply. Maybe I did something wrong. Please let me know if you have had the opportunity to find the drawing for the E-stop wiring for the odd model TP9-3.

Thanks again,

Dave

alphatronique

Post by alphatronique »

Hi Dave i send the .pdf to your email you use for register

will try to resent ant put it on group file section ..

ok it send to your email (yahoo.ca) and i also put it on group file section ..

tp9david

Post by tp9david »

I have a TP9-2u with the redhat software. 2.4.4c

The machine is a stand alone.( no server hooked to it)

The machine powers up and gets all the way to the end of initiate hardware and fails at the end with a (F-MOT-MOVE Z/156: MOTOR TIME OUT) It looks like it is going to complete and after the Y wagon complete it test the z head drops and then returns to safe spot and error is given.

I have another machine that works fine (older software) The RED Hat one looks to go through all the same motions and then dead.

Any thoughts I have been on the phone with mydata and they have not been able to help. I did replace the top board on the Z assy (L-19-037-3d)

Any thoughts.
Thanks
david.

added a youtube video if you have time to take a quick look and see if anything looks weird.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ-GsMMh ... e=youtu.be

thanks
Last edited by tp9david on Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alphatronique

Post by alphatronique »

HI

did you got that machine whit that issue or it just start do it ?

first make sure noting touch/interfere whit the head when it raise-UP ,most time it a cable that was in the way
during init even the very small friction was detected and generate a error

may have other solution but need to knot first if you got machine in that state or not

Best regard

tp9david

Post by tp9david »

it was like this when I received it.

I have lubricated all tracks on z and don't see anything in the way.

I am in the middle of swaping out MOT cards to see if i can move the problem to a different motor.

alphatronique

Post by alphatronique »

Hi

think first was try to ask one you sell it to you to fix it ... :mrgreen:
or at last ask if was present before ship ,that near mandatory to ask video of machine doing it ini before buy
since later you may never know and machine may already knot not serviceable ,good thing is mydata was normally
kind for tell it if you ask about machine history ,but for service and buy part it another story ..

then make sure that Cable pass over the head encoder not touch the encoder when head was raised
(Z was Head up-Down right ?)

i already see that lock pin was bit to long and interfere whit head ,but make extreme cation ini machine whit no lock pin may
seriously damage machine ..

swap mot card may a good idea but my experience was to look for mechanical issue first
whit exception that if machine was moved you may look for make sure no card have moved during shipping

and finally during boot you may go to service menu and go on motor for make friction test and check if encoder work
it have a place somere for show transducer (encoder) and you may ini only the Z for try to see what wrong ..

hope it help

alphatronique

Post by alphatronique »

Hi Make cation when buy feeder and other stuff ,post office was sometime like "ace ventura" delivery

that how look mt last 2 feeder ,so good deal turn into no so good at delivery
Attachments
feeder_ship.jpg
feeder_ship.jpg (57.17 KiB) Viewed 1661 times

tp9david

Post by tp9david »

Ok.

First off thanks for all the advise..

I am now getting a tranducers do no agree

hard ware intiation failed.

any thoughts.

thanks again..

alphatronique

Post by alphatronique »

Hi

what did you make for fix first issue ? (that may clue for second one)

but i think that transducer not agree refer to X ,and in that case it have a bad cable or a bad transducer
hope it a cable since swap a transducer was pain and expensive ...

for the X you have a transducer a both end of the machine on the belt poly and one in the motor
if belt was tight normally it have no slippage so both transducer move in synchronization since it on same belt
so that point to a cable or one of the transducer that wrong ,that may bust on it but normally it sealed

and at least it may a mot card that have it transducer input buffer faulty ,that easy to spot by swap card

hope it help

p.s. if some one in canada or us that what a good working order TP9-2U i have one here that collect dust
was my spare machine but i play to swap it for a MY-9 .. Price was 12,000$ +shipping 8,000$ if take-up and move out of shop

tp9david

Post by tp9david »

Gave up on that machine for now.

I have another machine that the Hard drive crashed. I put in a spare from a different machine and I get this error.

MagicWord, options, machine number and software version must match.
They don't. All options will be treated as OFF.

Any way to to make work? I have the magic word for the software and for the machine. I cant find where the magic word is stored on this one Venx software not Red hat.

Screwed?

Thanks .

d.d

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”