Any Extras for Oscilloscope (DS1052E) with Purchase?

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
randomvibe

Any Extras for Oscilloscope (DS1052E) with Purchase?

Post by randomvibe »

I'm very interested in the DS1052E oscilloscope - it's feature rich for the low price and includes free software (UltraScope) allowing user to use a PC (and large screen) as the scope controller! So I decided to forgo Sparkfun's USB oscilloscope (MSO-28) since I can use DS1052E as a more powerful standalone scope and as a USB scope.

Adafruit should really emphasize the UltraScope software. Several informative lessons available here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7KnDoL8 ... ure=relmfu

My only criticism... why is the DS1053E priced at $394.95 when it's available at Rigol for $329? Am I missing something here? Does the Adafruit order come with $70 dollars worth of extras? Also, Rigol offers a $30 discount for answering 6 technical questions, so total cost is $299! Shipping is $15. This deal is so good it's even cheaper than Sparkfun's MSO-28. I prefer to purchase from Adafruit rather than Sparkfun because I realize they pick the best products at a better price. And I don't mind paying a bit extra at Adafruit because they save me time finding the best product. I'd pay an extra $20 or so for the scope, but the $70 to $95 is excessive.

Is Adafruit's DS1052E price correct, or am I missing the extras?

adafruit

Re: Any Extras for Oscilloscope (DS1052E) with Purchase?

Post by adafruit »

thanks for the post! rigol has started to sell direct, and they're cutting their prices below the pricing they previously had - we may eventually need to stop selling them :( we're going to see if we can get lower pricing, but for now that's the price.

thanks,
adafruit support

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”