DSO Nano v2?

by ChadRT on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:43 am

Hello and thanks for providing such cool place to hang out at and look at all the cool projects, videos and tools. My kind of place...

I have never used a scope before and I am a HAM operator. I love my hobby and especially integrating ham radio with computers. The other day we were having a discussion on one my IRLP nodes (internet radio linking project) specifically pertaining to my audio adjustments. A very knowledgeable radio systems engineer told me to consider getting an oscilloscope to measure my audio from my radio before pumping it into my computers for use on the nodes.

I see your little guy here https://www.adafruit.com/products/468 and thought can this thing provide enough power to accurately measure an audio sine wave at say 2volts peak to peak (optimal audio output)? If so I thought I might just pick this up as my first ever scope!

Another use might be to sample AM on the 10 meter band to check modulation. I have seen them used for such before and when used properly it makes such a clean crisp sound on the other end. Thanks again and hopefully the presales questions are ok here.

~Chad
ChadRT

Re: DSO Nano v2?

by adafruit_support_bill on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:37 am

This is a nifty little scope and will work well for you at audio frequencies. It is rated for up to 200KHz signals, but really best suited for signals up to 100KHZ. It's a great little starter scope - and you can't beat the portability. But you will need something with more bandwidth when you get into looking at RF signals.
adafruit_support_bill