WiFi Microscope

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jgaston

WiFi Microscope

Post by jgaston »

I am having a lot of trouble with the HOT Wifi Microscope. Over the past few weeks, I have used it a few times to examine PCBs. When I powered it up today the "HOT" wifi hotspot created by the microscope keeps disappearing. I was able to briefly connect to the microscope's WiFi network but when I tried to access the MPJG video stream with a web browser the WiFi network disappeared again.

I have tried using a PC and a web browser, my android phone (Galaxy Nexus), and an android tablet. The top end of the microscope also gets very hot when it is plugged in and one of the LEDs on the light ring does not illuminate.

Has anyone else had reliability issues with this device?

adafruit_support_mike

Re: WiFi Microscope

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Taking all those issues together, it sounds like you have an LED that's shorted out and is drawing more current than the system wants it to have. Anything drawing enough excess power to generate heat would probably create problems for the wireless radio. That's especially true for a battery powered device like this one.

For the sake of building a support ticket, how long have you had the 'scope and what have you been using to charge it? Also, can you get a quick photo that shows the dead LED and post it here? That will make things as easy as possible for the folks who handle replacements.

jgaston

Post by jgaston »

I have had the microscope for a few weeks. I have been using the wall adapter and USB/DC Plug power cable that came with it. Photo is attached.
Attachments
Microscope.jpg
Microscope.jpg (19.35 KiB) Viewed 1197 times

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

That's a dead LED and you've been powering the device from the official hardware, so let's get you one that works.

Send a message to [email protected] with a link to this thread and they'll handle the details.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”