Test sockets

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
nelhensley

Test sockets

Post by nelhensley »

Will your IC SN74HC595 - in your product "74HC595 Shift Register - 3 pack PRODUCT ID: 450 "
work with your test product

SMT Test Socket - SOIC-16 Narrow Breakout PRODUCT ID: 1283
and
SMT Breakout PCB for SOIC-16 or TSSOP-16 - 3 Pack! PRODUCT ID: 1207

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will your IC in this Product you sell - Adafruit 16x8 LED Matrix Driver Backpack - HT16K33 Breakout PRODUCT ID: 1427

SMT Test Socket - SOIC-28 Wide Breakout PRODUCT ID: 1281
and
SMT Breakout PCB for SOIC-28 or TSSOP-28 - 3 Pack! PRODUCT ID: 1208

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will you sell the IC Holtek HT16K33 ?

Thank you
Nelson.

nelhensley

Re: Test sockets

Post by nelhensley »

sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum. Support said the engineers would answer my question in the forums. I didn't see a better forum for this type of question. Anyone have an opinion on what forum I should post my question in?

Agent_24

Re: Test sockets

Post by Agent_24 »

No, those 74HC595 are standard through-hole ICs and will not fit in an SMD IC socket. However, if you want to use them on a breadboard you do not need a socket anyway - the will fit into the breadboard directly.

The same goes for the HT16K33 Breakout board, after soldering the pins to the breakout board PCB, it will plug straight into a breadboard by itself.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”