Aluminum USB Microscope - DUD

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jatmraz

Aluminum USB Microscope - DUD

Post by jatmraz »

I received my order today, to include the Aluminum Micro with precision stand. Reading through the forums for support I see that others have had software, hardware and USB port issues. My micro plugs in, lights up and is found on Windows 7, 64 bit OS. I consider myself pretty handy with installing devices, reading through various self-help forums, etc., but I suspect this little puppy is DOA. Amcap is the only software that "seemingly" finds the USB Microscope, but all I get is a white screen. Microcapture keeps telling me to plug in a USB Microscope device. Unless I missed something in the forums it seems as if I need to send this back and consider alternatives. Please let me know. I got a lot of cool stuff today, but I was most looking forward to the microscope since my eyes have gotten bad over the years.

Note, when I plug the device in, the LED lights do come on. Also, I get the dimmer switch, but what is the thumb button use for? It's a shame this thing doesn't come with directions.

Joe

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Aluminum USB Microscope - DUD

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement microscope.
The button is for grabbing a still image.

jatmraz

Re: Aluminum USB Microscope - DUD

Post by jatmraz »

Okay, will do - thanks for the information

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”