USB Microscope

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
br95

USB Microscope

Post by br95 »

Hi Support..
I'm not sure you can help me but I thought I would ask anyway.

In Sept 2013 I ordered your USB Digital Microscope and desktop stand (Order #344889-1558681265) among other things. At that time I was running a Win XP desktop and the microscope worked like a champ.

Well, Win XP went out of support and recently I moved to a 64bit Lenovo Win 7 desktop. Sadly the USB digital microscope no longer works with this new OS. One problem seems to be that the Digital Microscope driver installer ( from the CD) will not recognize that the microscope is plugged in and as a result will not proceed and install the software needed to make it operate (see attached image). A second problem seems to be that Windows 7 itself does not even recognize that the microscope is plugged in to the USB. My daughter's Zoomy digital microscope made the transition from Win XP to Win 7 with no trouble at all.
So I am out of ideas. I realize this was purchased from you way back in 2013 but I just wondered if you have any ideas, suggestions or thoughts to make this work?

Thanks for your time...
B
Attachments
dms-02.jpg
dms-02.jpg (112.88 KiB) Viewed 1059 times

Franklin97355

Re: USB Microscope

Post by Franklin97355 »

Have you tried the software available from the product page? https://www.adafruit.com/product/636 I have it running on a windows 8.1 computer. Make sure you use a USB 2.0 port for the connection.

br95

Re: USB Microscope

Post by br95 »

I tried your other driver suggestion and unfortunately I get the same response. Neither driver install software sees the attached camera. I verified the ports are USB 2 as well. Thanks for the suggestions though. The light on the microscope does come on when plugged in but the Win 7 hardware doesn't see the device (and doesn't even make the USB connect sound either). My daughter's Zoomy works on the Win 7 USB ports so the ports seem fine. The XP hardware is already off to the recycle bin so that option is off the table. Not sure why the microscope would work on the XP machine but not on the Win7 machine... strange.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”