Ladyada's Electronics Toolkit Question

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Nisa

Ladyada's Electronics Toolkit Question

Post by Nisa »

Howdy!

I am finally getting into electronics due to a coworker/friend of mine handing me his spare Arduino board, LEDs and various other things, needless to say I am hooked! Already diving deep into Sketches and other things.

Anyway, my question is, I am really looking at purchasing the Ladyada's Electronics Toolkit ( https://www.adafruit.com/products/136 ), but I am wondering if it is possible to sub out the 30W soldering Iron for the 50W and pay the difference. The main reason I want to do this, so I can buy the tips from you all, especially the SMT tip. I did a bit of research on your forums and various sites and it seems to get the 30W tips are a bit of a pain. Also I am looking at the HAKKO 888D ( https://www.adafruit.com/products/1204 ), so is it possible to sub that one as well, and pay the difference?

Anyway, thank you in advance for your response and info, and appreciate your time.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Ladyada's Electronics Toolkit Question

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Not sure if we will do that or not. I'll check!

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

I checked, and, unfortunately, no - we can't make substitutions in the toolkit.

Nisa

Post by Nisa »

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it. I'll just buy the kit, too many goodies in there to pass up. I also found some tips for the Iron that comes with the kit, so I can now use that Iron for SMT work.

Thanks again for your help,

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”