WIFI PORTABLE MICROSCOPE

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
joyraynes

WIFI PORTABLE MICROSCOPE

Post by joyraynes »

I'm having problems running the WiFi Portable microscope that we just purchased. I'm running it with a new Android 4.4 tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7". I'm running it using the HotViewer.apk that came on the CD with the product.

The scope and app are functioning, but only at a refresh rate of about 2.5 frames per second according to my best estimate, with very adequate lighting - not the 30 fps advertised. I don't know if I'm running at 640x480 or 320x240 because there appears to be nowhere in the program where I can set or see the selected resolution. I have tried in every way I know to find settings screens but the software seems pretty bare bones. Is there a better app that I can use with this, or am I missing something? That low a refresh rate is really inadequate for my intended uses.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: WIFI PORTABLE MICROSCOPE

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Can you try it with a computer and see if you get a better frame rate?

joyraynes

Post by joyraynes »

What Windows app or program should I run to use it? I connected to the camera's wifi access point, but I don't know how to access the device like I would with a usb camera device.

adafruit_support_rick

Oops - sorry. I forgot that the SW was only for iOS and Android.
Let me check with someone else.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

it does have to go thru WiFi, so any low frame rate could be due to bad wifi or a 'crowded' RF area. not sure how much that helps - we did try it on iOS and got much better than 2.5fps, so its not the camera itself. do you mind experimenting with going to an electrically 'quiet' area? :)

joyraynes

Post by joyraynes »

We turned off our router and devices nearby, then tried it again with the same result. The refresh rate is too slow and the delays make it unsuitable for the uses that we bought it for when we thought it would be around 30 FPS per your product description. Thank you for trying to help, but we would like to return it. Can you please help us with an RMA#?

adafruit_support_rick

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread to arrange a return

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”