USB Microsope (prod 636)

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sedwardstx

USB Microsope (prod 636)

Post by sedwardstx »

I have installed the software linked from the page (http://www.adafruit.com/datasheets/MicrocaptureV2.5.zip) on three different machines. So far the MicroCapture software cannot detect any device. "No Device detected, please connect your Magnifier directly to your PC USB port".

I have tried every possible USB port but it always fails.

Oddly enough the thing is working because Skype, and my encoder software, and join.me all see the device and it works just like any other webcam. Unfortunately just the software it was supposed to work fails. Do you folks know how I can fix this?

Franklin97355

Re: USB Microsope (prod 636)

Post by Franklin97355 »

What OS are you using and, if windows does the microscope show up in device manager when plugged in?

sedwardstx

Post by sedwardstx »

Two machines are Windows 10, and one is Windows Server 2012. The microscope shows up in service manager on all three machines, does not appear to have any warnings or errors recognizing. The USB microscope also works fine with other software installed on all the machines, i.e. Skype and Vegas video vidcap. Seems like only the software it came with dies not work.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

aii might not be win 10 compatible. we'll look into other software but yah its just a 'video source' so any software will work

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”