Inverter voltage

Our weekly LIVE video chat. Every Wednesday at 8pm ET!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bavradio

Inverter voltage

Post by bavradio »

I am interested in purchasing an electroluminescent panel but I don't need the inverter. Can I buy one without the inverter?? Thanks, Ross

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Inverter voltage

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Yes. We have them in Aqua, Blue and White: http://www.adafruit.com/products/625

bavradio

Post by bavradio »

I need one about 10X20 cm. Do you stock one this size?? If so, how can I order one. Thanks, Ross

adafruit_support_bill

We have 15x20 in Aqua. These can be cut down to 10x20 if needed. They come with a matching 12v inverter. http://www.adafruit.com/products/414

Moe_99

Post by Moe_99 »

For the EL tape, can you cut it into sections and solder together to use in different areas? Also, how could one go about bending it to shape a small curve?

Lastly, the EL Panel... it says it can be cut as long as the JST cable is attached... can you cut a hole in the center?

adafruit_support_bill

We have not had much luck solering connectors to EL tape. That is why we have our supplier attach connectors to both ends at the factory. You can cut it into two pieces. If you cut any more, we can't guarantee that you will be able to get the extra pieces to light up.

You can cut holes in the panel. As long as all the parts you want to light up are still connected to the part where the wire is attached.

Moe_99

Post by Moe_99 »

Thank you and I apologize for the double post... I thought this post may have been in the wrong area.

Thanks again for the info.

Moe_99

Post by Moe_99 »

Another question... (I messed up). Is there a contact email for the sales/shipping department at Adafruit?

I inadvertently ordered the wrong color panels (I ordered blue instead of aqua) and I need to change the order. I tried the tech support link on the website, but it wouldn't allow me to type in my username/info.

Any help would be appreciated!

adafruit_support_bill

If you contact [email protected] with a link to this thread and your order number, they may be able to catch it. Once they get pulled for shipping though it is too late to change.

Moe_99

Post by Moe_99 »

Thank you Bill,

The order was voided and I placed the new order this morning. I appreciate your help.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Ask an Engineer! VIDEO CHAT (closed)”