Out of Depth - Serious newbie

Our weekly LIVE video chat. Every Wednesday at 8pm ET!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
BikeRent

Out of Depth - Serious newbie

Post by BikeRent »

I please need help and direction.

I think I have found the correct product (Adafruit Ultimate GPS Logger Shield - Includes GPS Module) but can someone explain to me if it will do the things I need it to do.

I am looking for a data logger that will wake up every 5 minutes, compare its location to its last wake up, if it is the same, record nothing, if it is different, log the info (location, date, time) and then go back to sleep. Would i be able to attach a battery that can last for 3 months with doing what i need?

Would a SD card be big enough to record all this information for months until i upload it to a computer?

If this is the correct item, would i need to code what i want it to do myself or could i get someone to do it for me?

Thanks in advance for the help

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Out of Depth - Serious newbie

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

That all sounds possible to do with an Arduino and the GPS Logger Shield. Battery life would be the main issue if size/weight are a concern. We do not offer custom coding and system integration services at Adafruit, but you could post it in the contract section of our Jobs board: http://adafruit.com/jobs/

BikeRent

Re: Out of Depth - Serious newbie

Post by BikeRent »

Thank you very much.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Ask an Engineer! VIDEO CHAT (closed)”