AR1100 Android

Our weekly LIVE video chat. Every Wednesday at 8pm ET!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jc7119

AR1100 Android

Post by jc7119 »

Well here's my issue, I own the AR1100 touch screen controller, bought it about a month ago for an android car PC project. Got all the parts together and just assembled everything. For some reason the controller doesn't seem to work with my android TV stick however it does function properly with my PC and the configuration tool. Is there firmware update or something that can help make this work properly with my android device? Also if I have posted this in the wrong section I am sorry. Thank you in advance for any help anyone may have!

adafruit_support_rick

Re: AR1100 Android

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

That would probably be something that needs to happen on the android side. The AR1100 just looks like a standard USB mouse - there's nothing OS-specific about it.

jc7119

Post by jc7119 »

Thanks for your quick response, already put in a ticket to Microchip. It's not compatible with any of my android devices so they are looking into it. When it's fix I'll post the fix up here for other users.

dkk

Post by dkk »

I have bought the AR1100 module and have tested that it work in the linux. But my intention is to run with android OS on ICS onwards. But so far i did not manage to do so, any assistance is welcome.

pman124

Post by pman124 »

Hey. My android phone works with a USB mouse via otg. Is it safe to assume that this should work with a liliput touchscreen? My android phone has both HDMI out and supports otg. I'm trying to use my phone as my head unit. It has everything I need for in car infotainment.

jc7119

Post by jc7119 »

Didn't work with my android stick or android x86. Android 4.4.2 has absolutely no idea how to properly use the device.

cmex81

Post by cmex81 »

jc7119 wrote:Didn't work with my android stick or android x86. Android 4.4.2 has absolutely no idea how to properly use the device.

did you use "getevent utility" and pushed to the android target idc file, which describe your touch device ?

themtbeerbottle

Post by themtbeerbottle »

I too am tying to get the AR1100 to work with an android device. Any luck?

jc7119

Post by jc7119 »

No luck, ended up creating my own wire harness that switched the X and Y axis on my stock egalax touch controller. Sadly that wasn't the best solution as this would have been better, but I had no luck at all with this controller

themtbeerbottle

Post by themtbeerbottle »

that's BANNED. I find it hard to believe that this doesn't work just like a usb mouse. Did the company that makes this ever get back to you? Thanks for the reply I found this product but its pricy. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Android-Touch-S ... 0941518009

jc7119

Post by jc7119 »

I actually contacted microchip directly and since that phone call the product description changed on there website to no longer include Android. Now this was 6 months ago and they could have updated the firmware since then

damienlazareth

Post by damienlazareth »

Have anybody solved this problem?
I´ve bought this thing here and it doesent work like they tell... :(

I can see the device in /poc/bus/input/device and i can communicate over other apps...

But I have no MOUSE!

cmex81

Post by cmex81 »

As I've written in my topics exist solution to switch AR1100 from mouse to digitizer and back.
Of course, I've checked mouse and digitizer with android - result ok.

zwanni

Post by zwanni »

I had the same problem and afer a lot of searching I found a solution in another forum.

- Download the AR Configuration software from microchip to your windows PC.

- Connect the AR1100 to your PC.

- Start the software and run the manual setup wizzard

- Choose: AR1100 USB Digitizer, 4-wire, 9-Point Calibration and follow the configuration steps. You can't calibrate in Digitizer mode. The wizzard automaticly switchs to Generic HID device for calibration, so thats the easiest way.

- Connect the AR1100 to your Android device. You have a working TouchScreen in stylus mode at this point (maybe after reboot).

- Download the attachment and extract the *.idc file. Put it in your adb directory on your PC "...\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64\sdk\platform-tools"

- Connect your Android device to your PC with debugging mode

- Enable write access on /system with ES-File Explorer or similar app

- Open command line on your pc and change directory to your adb path "...\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64\sdk\platform-tools"

- write "adb remount" (mostly necessary to get access on /system path)

- write "adb push Vendor_04d8_Product_0c03.idc /system/usr/idc" to transfer the file on your device

- write "adb reboot" to reboot your device

- after reboot you have a working touchscreen
Attachments
Vendor_04d8_Product_0c03.zip
(393 Bytes) Downloaded 1744 times

Slash88

Post by Slash88 »

I bought this controller because I would like to controll my android device. But in mouse mode it doesn't work at all. The only way to have some effect is switch it on digitizer mode, but it is quite useless. Is there any other way to make it working?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Ask an Engineer! VIDEO CHAT (closed)”