Trinket Pro

Our weekly LIVE video chat. Every Wednesday at 8pm ET!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
michaelmeissner

Trinket Pro

Post by michaelmeissner »

I recall Lady Ada talking about a Trinket Pro that was undergoing development in Ask an Engineer a few weeks ago. I haven't seen an announcement for it in the new product section in the shop, and I was wondering if you had a general time frame for its availability? I realize in general, hardware will be released when its ready, but I was wondering if it was going to be a near time release or longer term?

My normal microprocessor is the Teensy 3.0, but with small to medium number of neopixels, it is often more convenient to use a 5v processor, instead of 3.3v (due to the WS2812B's being stricter on voltages). I have the 5v Trinket (and 3.3v Gemma), but I have pretty much given up on doing much with ATtiny85, due to the limitations on the chip (no USB serial, i2c is different due to TinyWireM.h vs. Wire.h, no 16-bit timer, etc.). So, I am looking at various 5v solutions. I tend to prefer a chip that has all of the connections soldered onto the chip rather than a plain board, has direct USB serial support without using FTDI, but meant for breadboards (particularly your mint tin perma proto boards) and not with an Arduino Uno/Leonardo/Mega shield setup.

adafruit

Re: Trinket Pro

Post by adafruit »

no ETA, we are working on it though :)

michaelmeissner

Re: Trinket Pro

Post by michaelmeissner »

Ok, just curious.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Ask an Engineer! VIDEO CHAT (closed)”