AR1100: Problem with configuration

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
cmex81

AR1100: Problem with configuration

Post by cmex81 »

Hi,
I've bought this board https://www.adafruit.com/products/1580 (RESISTIVE TOUCH SCREEN TO USB MOUSE CONTROLLER - AR1100) Unfortunately, I couldn't connect to the board by usual-way (which was written in manual)...
I've read manuals and downloaded all software, needed for success, without any result.

Some info what I did:
1. Was installed from this page: http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/De ... e=en555168
next software: a) AR1100 Windows XP Win7 Win8 UPDD v5.X
b) AR1000 AR1100 Configuration Utility
2. When i plugged the board into the PC (Win7-64bit) via usb, I could use board as HID-mouse... but that's all.
I couldn't connect to the board (via Configuration utility, error: can not find AR1100)
3. When i plugged the board into the PC(Win7-64bit) via uart(rx-tx), I could connect to the board via Configuration utility, but unfortunately command "change mode" (0x55,0x01,0x73) was done wihout any effect (the board was stay in hid-mouse mode). Wow, it was so pity... But I found some force for a new research...

4. I've found (via USB-sniffer: I've used Bus Hound) that standard driver for AR1100, creates USB devices without any endpoints... (BTW I suggest in linux with pyusb will be no problem with the board)

5. And i've found when i ran VirtualBox and connected the board to the VM after all actions I saw that in Host-PC the board started using VirtualBox USB driver and I found USB-Device with 3 end-points (Control, In,Out)

6. When I've written 3-byte command (0x55,0x01,0x73) via USB endpoint I could change usb-mode to the HID_DIGITIZER...

So I have some questions:

1. What I did incorrect, that couldn't configure the board via Configuration Utility via UART (Serial mode) ?
2. What I did incorrect, that couldn't connect with the board via Configuration Utility via USB ?

rootscript

Re: AR1100: Problem with configuration

Post by rootscript »

cmex81,
It has been 2 weeks without any reply to your questions.
I have posted a question too, in the Adafruit 'Other Adafruit products', hopefully it will get more visibility in a more suitable forum.

AR1100 touch screen controller - Error
http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=55916

Best Regards,
:)
rootScript

cmex81

Post by cmex81 »

rootScript wrote:cmex81,
It has been 2 weeks without any reply to your questions.
I have posted a question too, in the Adafruit 'Other Adafruit products', hopefully it will get more visibility in a more suitable forum.

AR1100 touch screen controller - Error
http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=55916

Best Regards,
:)
rootScript
Thanks, I hope we will receive answer :)
really, i can't understand, why no one answered...
of course i can do a software for solution this problem...
but... where is support :)

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

Hi! We're investigating, please hang on just a little bit longer :) we may need to write a tutorial

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

cmex81 wrote: 1. What I did incorrect, that couldn't configure the board via Configuration Utility via UART (Serial mode) ?
2. What I did incorrect, that couldn't connect with the board via Configuration Utility via USB ?
I don't know. You got farther than I did. I finally got hold of one of these, but I'm not having any luck with it.

cmex81

Post by cmex81 »

adafruit_support_rick wrote:
cmex81 wrote: 1. What I did incorrect, that couldn't configure the board via Configuration Utility via UART (Serial mode) ?
I don't know. You got farther than I did. I finally got hold of one of these, but I'm not having any luck with it.
Today I see interesting situation: people, who don't have any problem with configuration and people, who really have problem with ar1100...

My hypothesis: ar1100driver and win environment... I really couldn't find endpoints for this usb device. My solution was virtual box usb driver, which allowed to see endpoints into win

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

Hiya, we think this might be just the software they provide being not-so-awesome. We finally wrote a tutorial (yeah we know, we wanted to do thsi months ago...time slipped from us :) can you check it out?

https://learn.adafruit.com/ar1100-resis ... ller-guide

citroenc4boy

Post by citroenc4boy »

Hallo

Any solution on The"Error: Could not change mode to HID. Verify the AR1100 is properly attached"

Only have the boarding som days to bad it dont work :(

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Have you looked at the tutorial https://learn.adafruit.com/ar1100-resis ... ller-guide If so what works, what does not and what have you done to test it.

aua

Post by aua »

I have the same Problem... The guide is not helping in this...

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

aua, if you don't want to start your own thread at least tell us what your symptoms are and what you have tried to resolve the problem along with pictures of the board and a description of how you have it connected and to what.

matthewpgaffney

Post by matthewpgaffney »

I also have the same issue. My AR1100 cannot connect to the configuration Utility. The tutorial link you posted earlier does not address the problem. The issue is either the computer or Utility is not recognizing the AR1100. I'm trying to use your product for a Senior Design project, and all I need to do is calibrate it. I will post a picture of my setup as well as what the Configuration utility reads. Please let me know if you can help. Time is of the essence.

To repeat-The issue is the board (the AR1100 with Adafruit TFP401 HDMI/DVI Decoder to 40-pin TTL Display) is not being recognized by the configuration utility.

AR1100 Calibration Utility Error.png
AR1100 Calibration Utility Error.png (15.44 KiB) Viewed 740 times
AR1100 Calibration Setup.jpg
AR1100 Calibration Setup.jpg (18.64 KiB) Viewed 740 times

Koalajuggler

Post by Koalajuggler »

SOLVED
Hello, I came across this problem today, and managed to solve this for me.
I got the error message some of you got saying "Error: Could not change mode to HID. Verify the AR1100 is properly attached"

The problem for me was the USB cable, it was one that could not transmit data but only power.
I checked this by seeing if those cables could connect my phone to my laptop.
The ones that could only power my phone gave me the error message. While the one that could both power my phone and acces my files fixed this problem.
I hope this helps everyone that still has this problem and I wish you all good luck.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”