How can I get started with electronics?

Our weekly LIVE video chat. Every Wednesday at 8pm ET!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jbarreto291

How can I get started with electronics?

Post by jbarreto291 »

Hi, my name is Joseph Barreto. I am thirteen years old and have always had a strong passion for computers and electronics. I have a very important question to ask the good people on the Adafruit forums. How can I get started with electronics (modding, soldering, programming, etc.)? I want to know how I can go from complete newbie to professional. I get quite sad when I see kids my age creating robots, composing useful programs and apps, and doing much more and not being able to join them. I want to be a part of the vast and beautiful world of technology. I want to be a tinkerer/modder/thinker who can complete any project he puts his mind to. Please help me find the resources that will allow me to become that person I want to be, and create a foundation of knowledge that I can build on in the future. Thank you so much for your help! P.S, I'm new to the forums and I apologize if I break any "unspoken rules" by posting this topic.

Franklin97355

Re: How can I get started with electronics?

Post by Franklin97355 »

This https://www.adafruit.com/product/170 is probably the best way to get involved with the Arduino system (there are other systems but the Arduino has quite a following) If this is too much get yourself an Arduino Uno, breadboard, wire and a few leds and resistors to start. Welcome to the world of electronics.

jbarreto291

Re: How can I get started with electronics?

Post by jbarreto291 »

Thank you so much! I'll be sure to order this kit. It seems like it is a great deal for the cost!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Ask an Engineer! VIDEO CHAT (closed)”