UNTZtrument software install

Our weekly LIVE video chat. Every Wednesday at 8pm ET!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
redletters

UNTZtrument software install

Post by redletters »

Hey folks, just got my UNTZtrument kit and finished building it today -- YAY! -- but now I'm stuck on the software stuff.

It's my first time using an Arduino, and the current version is 1.0.6. The UNTZtrument tutorial says to use 1.0.5, so I downloaded that.

I'm stuck on the point that says "Now, from the Tools->USB Type menu, select Serial" because there is no such option from the Tools dropdown menu.
Menu.png
Menu.png (136.91 KiB) Viewed 396 times
What should I do from here? Does anyone have an alternative method for me to get the UNTZtrument to talk MIDI over USB?

Additionally, when I try to verify the UNTZtrument_Hello_World code, I'm getting a message that says "'Adafruit_UNTZtrument' does not name a type".
Not have a type.png
Not have a type.png (74.62 KiB) Viewed 396 times
I'm going for a simple MIDI controller to map with Ableton. Please send me any suggestions!

(I'm on a Mac Mini, v. 10.10)

pburgess

Re: UNTZtrument software install

Post by pburgess »

That's strange...the "USB Type" menu SHOULD be available when you select "TeeOnArdu" as board type, which I can see you've done. Try re-selecting the board type again, for good measure.

The 'does not name a type' error is usually due to a library not being correctly installed. A common sticking point...this guide goes into depth about proper installation: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-all ... nstall-use

redletters

Re: UNTZtrument software install

Post by redletters »

I've got it figured out: I didn't install the Teensyduino package before adding TeeOnArdu to my hardware folder.

Got it all up and running now!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Ask an Engineer! VIDEO CHAT (closed)”