LCD Display not working

Our weekly LIVE video chat. Every Wednesday at 8pm ET!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
davebslc

LCD Display not working

Post by davebslc »

I purchased a 1280x800 LCD display (#1666) with HDMI/VGA/Comp inputs along with the recommended 9V adapter. I carefully removed the items from the packages taking extra precautions for static discharge. I connected everything correctly but the display remained black. I checked the power adapter with a voltmeter and it read 9.3V. I tried it first with a RPi and the Adafruit recommended config setting and with a windows machine but could not get anything to light up. It appears completely dead. I've already ordered a couple of replacement units since I need to have this project finished this week but would love to get this one working if possible. Is there anything I could be missing here? Maybe a tiny power switch or something?

Thanks for your help -

davebslc

adafruit_support_rick

Re: LCD Display not working

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Do the buttons do anything?
Can you post a picture of the driver board?

davebslc

Post by davebslc »

Buttons? .. I ask myself .. What buttons? I apparently set the buttons aside weeks ago when opening several packages I had ordered for my project. I did find them and after connecting them to the board, I had power! Feeling pretty foolish but I appreciate your super-fast response!

Thanks again,

Dave

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Glad to hear it's working!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Ask an Engineer! VIDEO CHAT (closed)”