DS18B20 # 642

Our weekly LIVE video chat. Every Wednesday at 8pm ET!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Hitesh

DS18B20 # 642

Post by Hitesh »

Hi everyone,

We are trying to implement the temperature sensor in HVAC environment coz we are interested in the Supply plenum temperatures.
I have 2 questions concerning the application of these sensors -

1. We want to glue a permanent magnet enclosing the stainless steel jacket so that the sensor can be mounted to any desired location on the plenum, my question is that - would there be any effect of the permanent magnets on the performance or accuracy of the readings generated by the sensor and should the whole stainless steel jacket be exposed to the warm surface/fluid or can we get away with just keeping the base of the sensor attached to the target surface ?

2. The PTFE Insulation jacket around the wires, is it approved as fire resistant ... if yes where can i get the supporting documents for this ?

I would really appreciate if someone can give me the answers to the above.
If you want you can reply me at my email id - [email protected]

Thanks & Regards
Hitesh Kumar
Mechanical Engineer

adafruit_support_rick

Re: DS18B20 # 642

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Permanent magnets shouldn't affect the sensor in any way. If you want to measure the plenum temperature from outside, then the stainless steel housing should contact the plenum as much as possible.

I don't believe we have any information on fire resistance, but I'll double-check.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

we don't have any documents about the cabling itself, every document we have is on the website already, thanks!

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Thanks for your response :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Ask an Engineer! VIDEO CHAT (closed)”