Fun with Hanz the 555 Plush

Our weekly LIVE video chat. Every Wednesday at 8pm ET!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
OldTinkerer

Fun with Hanz the 555 Plush

Post by OldTinkerer »

Greetings,

I'm going to do a talking neopixel/led matrix lit plushie for my techno-pirate costume. I have parts of the "$120 Hans" working. My plan is for Hans to ride on my shoulder. He will be sort of a parret that says techie things and winks at passers by.

With the introduction of the pro trinket and some smaller sensor boards, A Hanz enclosed version of this project is now possible; an Emic 2, pro trinket, 10 neopixels, a bump/motion sensor/ and a LiPo battery with boost converter.

I see you are building a brand/image for the circuit playground plushies. I plan to use the information at the playground as a guide. Aside from being positive and family friendly, do you have any other guidance concerning the "$120 Hans".

The 555 is such a useful little part for many practical and prankish projects. Hans brings good memories flooding back into this old engineer's head.

Thanks for the fun,
tap

OldTinkerer

Re: Fun with Hanz the 555 Plush

Post by OldTinkerer »

I may be confusing some here.
The electronics are relatively easy thanks in large part to Adafruit components. For an old assembler and C person like me, the software is fun and challenging. So I'm not too worried about the technical end.

It's the "supporting the brand" side of the house I'm looking for guidance in.

Adafruit is building a brand around the Circuit Playground to encourage the young and the less experienced in tinkering to tinker and have a lot of fun doing it.

I just want to make sure that what I do supports or does no harm to Adafruit's efforts to inspire the current and rising generations.

Go Lady Ada!
Go AdaFruit!
tap

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Ask an Engineer! VIDEO CHAT (closed)”